First! Weekly Picture:
Recipe and photo from here.
BLACKBERRY LIME CHEESECAKE POPSICLES. ♥
For the Blackberry Layer:
- 12 oz fresh blackberries
- 1 1 /2 tablespoon water
- Sugar, to taste if berries aren’t sweet enough
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, optional – if desired
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Add the blackberries and water to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring periodically, for about 10 – 15 minutes, or until they are easily broken with a wooden spoon. Taste and add sugar to sweeten if needed. Stir sugar in and cook until dissolved.
- Pour the berry mixture into a powerful blender, such as a Blendtec, and puree until very smooth. I ran the “whole juice” pre-programmed functioin on my blender. After blended, cover and refrigerate the blackberry puree until cool, at least 30 minutes.
- While the blackberry mixture refrigerates, beat the cream cheese, milk, lime juice, zest (if using), vanilla, and sugar using a hand mixer or puree with a small food chopper until smooth. Set aside in the refrigerator until blackberry mixture has cooled.
- To assemble popsicles, layer the blackberry puree and cream cheese mixture in popsicle molds. Place popsicle sticks in the center and freeze until solid.
- If necessary, run hot water over the outside of the molds to assist in removing the pops before serving.
A high powered blender will crush the seeds, but if you prefer a completely smooth fruit layer with no bits of seeds then strain the blackberry puree through a fine mesh strainer.
Layering Options: We experimented with a couple layering techniques. I preferred #1 with smaller amounts of each layered more frequently, while Eric preferred #3. 1. Cream Cheese, Blackberry, Cream Cheese, Blackberry 2. Blackberry, Cream Cheese, Blackberry 3. Combine the two mixtures and swirl together.
Third! Personal Update:
My GrandpaGreat is in town this week and I haven’t seen him in four years, so lately I’ve been hanging out at my grandparent’s and spending time with them. It’s really nice to be with family so often, I sometimes forget that and I’m glad I’ve had the opportunity to realize it again. Yesterday we actually went on a real, authentic train and it was pretty cool. I was honestly bored for a little while, but it was an incredible experience at the same time.
I’ve been working a lot lately, and I’m starting school in 25 days.
Other than that, I don’t have much to update about! I am enjoying life and family right now, and that’s all I have to say this Friday!
See you Monday for Personal Post.