First! Weekly Picture:
Pictures and recipe from here. I honestly hope I never make these. Because I know I would eat each and every one of them the day they were made.
Chocolate Cheesecake Turtle Cupcakes (makes 18 cupcakes)
For the cake:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup sugar 1/4 cup cocoa powder 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp baking soda 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1 cup water 1 Tbsp vinegar 1 tsp vanilla
For the cheesecake:
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened 1/4 cup sugar 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In large bowl combine dry cake ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- In small bowl combine wet cake ingredients: vegetable oil, water, vinegar and vanilla.
- Make a well in the bowl of dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir mixture until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full with chocolate batter.
- In a small bowl combine cheesecake ingredients: cream cheese, sugar and egg. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Use a small cookie scoop to evenly distribute the cream cheese mixture on top of the chocolate batter.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until cream cheese center is firm.
- Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool add the turtle toppings.
For the Turtle Topping:
14 caramels 6 Tbsp half & half, divided 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Unwrap caramels and place in microwave safe bowl with 3 Tbsp half & half. Microwave for 1 1/2 -2 minutes until melted. Stir until smooth and let cool for a few minutes.
- Place chocolate chips and 3 Tbsp half & half in microwave safe. Microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Use a spoon and drizzle caramel and chocolate on top of each cupcake.
- Sprinkle cupcakes with pecans.
Third! Personal Update:
Since I didn’t post last Monday, I’ll tell you about last weekend. Last weekend I did go to that jewelry party, but I was the only guest… and then the host ignored me a bit, which wasn’t too fun, but it was still something to do! Everyone flunked out on the party at the last minute so I ended up just sitting and talking with the host’s family the whole time since she was busy sitting on the couch reading the jewelry magazine. I didn’t do the photoshoot because my friend’s grandmother ended up in the hospital somehow so she had to go visit her. I still haven’t heard what happened there, but I hope she’s okay. ♥
I made plans for this weekend to go stay with my own grandmother and do a photoshoot for my aunt, but then I failed a class final and I canceled so I could stay home and study to take it again. It turns out the teacher messed up and had me take the final for the next quarter of the class, though… *grrrrr* 😡 So, I’m pretty sure the failing wasn’t my fault at all and I ended up canceling on this weekend for nothing. Hmph! Oh well though, I am perfectly happy staying home all weekend and having a Gossip Girl marathon! Next weekend, the 21st and 22nd, will be my last weekend before I go back to public school! I am SO VERY EXCITED!
I actually went to the school I’m going to be attending today. I’m going to go to a high school that is near me for the rest of this year, I’m not going back to my regular performing school this year. It’s such a huge school, oh my gosh… Even the councilor was saying that the school was incredibly big! However, the faculty (from who I met today at least) seems pretty good and the school looks like a normal high school! I’m so excited to be back in a building with people my age and teachers to help me. It’s such a relief! I cannot even express how much I’ve despised home school. It has been nice being able to spend more time with my family and see my baby sister grow up, but I’m ready to get my butt OUTTA HERE! I also get to drop the horrid math class I’ve been doing online because we figured out an alternative today with the councilor. That’s probably just as much a relief as going back to public school is!
I’m hoping I can take a photography class at school. I have 2, maybe 3 real classes that I need to take… but the rest are probably going to be electives just to fill up my schedule. Ah, I’m so happy.
So, on that note, I decided that since I’m in quite the cheerful mood today, (Don’t we all love Friday the 13th? It’s a good luck day for me. It’s all about perception, people.) I thought I’d do a little fact thing for you guys! It seems like wordpress is quite a friendly place unlike blogspot, many other bloggers have already commented on a few of my posts and the people on wordpress are very nice. So, to get to know me a bit better, here are a few facts about me!
- Lip balms/chapsticks- I sort of hord them.
- Netflix. I don’t watch regular TV. I just watch my dramas and comedies on Netflix every moment that I can.
- Victoria’s Secret. Not the lingerie. The sweats, bags, and accessories, mostly the PINK collection. So cute. I want all of it.
- Snapple. I recently remembered how much I love Snapples. Each and every flavor. Snapple is the best thing in the world.
- Books. I love to read, and I don’t own enough books. I want collections by all of my favorite authors. Number one priority right now… Nicholas Sparks.
5 Odd Facts
- I have a problem with collecting things. I try to collect everything… it’s very odd.
- I love change. Most people are the opposite, but I almost can’t live without it. I need new friends often, I rearrange my room often, I’ve never had a set routine last more than a month. I guess this might be a weird version of commitment issues?
- I have a girl crush on Mila Kunis. She’s just ridiculously beautiful!
- I’m extremely paranoid. I’m not scared of the dark, but I’m always certain that there’s somebody hiding in the dark, getting ready to attack.
- I can knit and crochet, I don’t do it often because I’m too impatient to finish projects, but I have the skills.
5 Pet Peeves
- When people ask me to explain things. I know it’s completely normal and it’s really weird for this to be a pet peeve, but I hate explaining things.
- When people laugh at their own jokes too much.
- When people chew loudly.
- Little girls (like toddler to preteen ages) who act like they’re 18 and better than adults. (Sounds odd… I know.)
- When people have masks (meaning they didn’t blend their foundation into their neck and so their face is a different shade than the rest of them…)
That’s all for today! I will see you on Sunday with a movie review on Never Been Kissed! Have a nice weekend.