First! Weekly Picture:
Pictures and recipe from here. She used winter themed Oreos (red filling), but I would personally use regular ones if you’re doing this for the holidays… because I don’t associate red with winter. I know it has to do with Christmas, but not winter. If red and green are together, I think of Christmas. Winter’s color to me is blue because of blue snowflake jewelry and just… lots of winter things are blue! I’m odd. Anyways.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder until just blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and oreo pieces.
- Drop cookie dough by 2 tablespoons (or larger if you want bigger cookies) and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- When out of the oven, let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
Third! Personal Update:
This weekend should be great! Tomorrow I am going to the knit meeting with my mom (as per usual) and then heading off to a Jewelry Party! I love jewelry. I don’t wear it a lot, but I LOVE it. This jewelry party is going to be hosted by one of my friends from public school, too, so that’s exciting! I’ll hopefully get to see a lot of people there that I’ve been missing! (In case I haven’t mentioned it yet or you weren’t a follower of Kranberrie’s Juicies, I am currently being homeschooled and then I’m going back to public school on January 23rd if everything works out!)
Then, on Sunday, I might be doing a fashion shoot for somebody! It’s also a friend from public school. 🙂 Since I am branching out further in photography this year, I put out a request for models on my Facebook page and Siobhan (pronounced Shuh-bawn) came to me saying she’d love the job! So if everything works out on this shoot, she might be one of my permanent models for Espoir Photography. This means I will work with her quite often, so if it happens, you’ll see a lot of posts about her! I’m most excited for this because if the shoot happens, it’s going to be so much fun!!!
That’s all of my plans for this weekend, but I am very excited! Oh, and of course I have to watch a movie and write a review for you guys. 😉
Anyways, hope everyone has a great weekend and I’ll see you on Sunday!