The past few weeks have been awesome. For one week, Kasey, my boyfriend, was out of town. He went to the beach with some of his family that lives out of state. That was hard, it was a very long and boring week. But I got through it. Now that he’s home, everything’s great again!
Yesterday in particular was a great day. He picked me up in the morning and surprised me with roses. The entire day he was surprising me with my favorite foods, we watched my favorite movie, and he even sang to me for a while. The entire day was great and so many awesome things happened. I have so much fun with him all of the time. He’s perfect. *sigh*
Today, I’ve painted my nails, gotten ready, and spent a bit of time with my mom. My family is going to my dad’s company party at the zoo today! I’m the least biggest fan of the zoo because it’s hot and stinky and I’ve seen those animals enough. Haha. But, I think it will be fun because my little sister loves the zoo to death, and it will be good to spend some time with my family and my dad’s company.
My only plans for the next little while consist of three things:
1) get through training this next week for the promotion I got at work to cake decorater/maker. I am so incredibly excited about the new work I’ll be doing and I think it’s going to open a lot of doors for me, but I’m also nervous because I’ve seen what my coworkers have to go through for it and it’s a very overwhelming job.
2) get prepared for college this year. I’m not taking many classes but boy am I nervous for the accounting class I’m taking. It’s my favorite subject in the world and I love it to death…but the work involved in a college level class for it is scary! I don’t know what I’m in for.
3) enjoying the last little bit of my summer. This summer has been the best one yet for me and I am getting so bummed out that it’s almost August. BUT! I need to be positive and just think of it as one whole more month of having fun and no real schedule! I am excited for organization and structure in my life when school starts, but I’m going to be very sad when I don’t have as much time for the other things that make me happy. So I am ready to make the rest of this summer count!
That’s all for today, hopefully I’m done being a weirdo with my blogging schedule and this time I’ll really stay on track with posts.
I haven’t been sleeping well or feeling very rested when I do sleep well, so I’ve decided to start drinking chamomille tea at night and drinking green tea in the morning. I do typically drink coffee in the morning, but I know that tea has the reputation of waking you up and focusing you more than coffee.
I also switched up what I bought for my school lunches for the next two weeks. I’m alternating each day, but twice a week I am having a box of Chinese food. Grocery shopping yesterday, these certain cartons caught my eye and I really wanted to try something new. This brand has frozen cartons of the typical chinese entrees; general tso chicken, pepper beef, etc. It’s directions is to be put in the microwave for 4-5 minutes. I’m not going to even look at the nutritional information… but I sure hope it’s good!
The only other news I have is that on my recent shopping trip earlier this past weekend, I bought a lot of new hair products that I’m currently trying out! If I keep up using them often as I already have, I’m thinking of doing a review on a few of them.
Well, till next time!
I will be back to blogging regularly about my new life experiences and fun hobbies. I wasn’t feeling it for a while, but I miss sharing with my readers.
Today I repainted my nails. I’ve been really into painting them for a few months now; I’ve gotten into nail art, too. Today was just a simple paint job with my Seche Vite base coat, Dreamer by Revlon, and my Sechie Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (Photo above). I really love it! I want to invest in some more bright and daring colors for spring and summer.
Till next time!
My favorite song this week is Became by Atmosphere. I love the story this song is, I love listening to it while I edit photos or do a quiet activity.
First! Weekly Picture:
Recipe and photo from here.
BLACKBERRY LIME CHEESECAKE POPSICLES. ♥
For the Blackberry Layer:
- 12 oz fresh blackberries
- 1 1 /2 tablespoon water
- Sugar, to taste if berries aren’t sweet enough
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest, optional – if desired
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Add the blackberries and water to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring periodically, for about 10 – 15 minutes, or until they are easily broken with a wooden spoon. Taste and add sugar to sweeten if needed. Stir sugar in and cook until dissolved.
- Pour the berry mixture into a powerful blender, such as a Blendtec, and puree until very smooth. I ran the “whole juice” pre-programmed functioin on my blender. After blended, cover and refrigerate the blackberry puree until cool, at least 30 minutes.
- While the blackberry mixture refrigerates, beat the cream cheese, milk, lime juice, zest (if using), vanilla, and sugar using a hand mixer or puree with a small food chopper until smooth. Set aside in the refrigerator until blackberry mixture has cooled.
- To assemble popsicles, layer the blackberry puree and cream cheese mixture in popsicle molds. Place popsicle sticks in the center and freeze until solid.
- If necessary, run hot water over the outside of the molds to assist in removing the pops before serving.
A high powered blender will crush the seeds, but if you prefer a completely smooth fruit layer with no bits of seeds then strain the blackberry puree through a fine mesh strainer.
Layering Options: We experimented with a couple layering techniques. I preferred #1 with smaller amounts of each layered more frequently, while Eric preferred #3. 1. Cream Cheese, Blackberry, Cream Cheese, Blackberry 2. Blackberry, Cream Cheese, Blackberry 3. Combine the two mixtures and swirl together.
Third! Personal Update:
My GrandpaGreat is in town this week and I haven’t seen him in four years, so lately I’ve been hanging out at my grandparent’s and spending time with them. It’s really nice to be with family so often, I sometimes forget that and I’m glad I’ve had the opportunity to realize it again. Yesterday we actually went on a real, authentic train and it was pretty cool. I was honestly bored for a little while, but it was an incredible experience at the same time.
I’ve been working a lot lately, and I’m starting school in 25 days.
Other than that, I don’t have much to update about! I am enjoying life and family right now, and that’s all I have to say this Friday!
See you Monday for Personal Post.
I will create a Friday Post tomorrow because I’ve got too much to do tonight! Apologies for lack of posts lately.
I am so mad! WordPress is being ridiculous today. I made a Personal Post on a haul and I did a good job on it, too. Then it randomly deleted it half of the information in there and the closing paragraph as well even though I had saved drafts along the way of typing up the post and everything. There was too much to repair on the post so I just deleted it. They were all drugstore products and really nothing exciting, but I was still excited for this first haul.
I’m really sorry that I don’t have a great post for you this Monday because of WordPress’s screw up.
My plans for this week consist of a bit. Tomorrow I have an orthodontist appointment and then I have work until around midnight. Wednesday I have some housechores that need to be done and also a photoshoot with my friend Kristin! It’s going to be something I’ve never done before and I’m really excited to show you whatever the results may be! Thursday I have work in the evening and Friday as well. I think that Thursday I will come up with my summer bucketlist… I don’t really know what else to do. Friday I might do a photoshoot for a friend, but I’m not sure what her plans for that are yet so we’ll see. Saturday I am going swimming with my family and Sunday I think I will hang out with a friend.
I hope that everyone has a good week and I will see you Wednesday for Favorite Song Of The Week! ♥